Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5, 2010

Wow! This week seemed like the longest week of my life. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to get over this cold, but I have been pretty exhausted this week! At last, it's Friday again. Ahhhhhh...

Scott and I headed over to Berkeley to the old California Theater. It's so beautiful inside! I would love to plan a shoot in there one of these days. How fun would that  be? Anyway, we went to see Crazy Heart. We both loved it! Jeff Bridges did an amazing job both acting AND singing!! In fact, I am going to go check out the soundtrack because it was pretty awesome.




By the way, we also saw Shutter Island last week. We both liked that one as well. Neither of us had any clue what the movie was about when we went into it. It's always weird seeing movies without knowing the plot. It's one of those movies that keeps your attention the whole time, has you on the edge of your seat at times, hiding under a jacket once in a while, and gets-ya with an ending you weren't expecting.

I bet you're wondering why we drove to Berkeley for a movie since we live only a few blocks from two of the biggest theaters in San Francisco? Well because we wanted to try Phat Matt's BBQ of course!

Scott and I had tried them at the Farmer's Market at the Metreon and were pretty impressed. They just opened their first restaurant in Oakland right on the Berkley boarder. It was so worth the drive across the bridge! I was too hungry to take pictures of the food. I'll save that for next time. Plus, I personally think they may need a photographer for their website and maybe for some pictures in their new restaurant. Hmmm, I will be talking to them about that sooner than later.    :)

I did manage to click a picture of their sign though...



The brisket and pulled pork were aaaaaamazing! Charlotte (Matt's wife) let me try a sample of her fresh homemade peach cobbler. Holy cow! I had to buy some to take home. I highly recommend checking this place out if you're in the area. Or hey, if you like BBQ that much, be like us and make a special trip!

What a fun Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment