Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5, 2010

Where's my favorite place on earth besides Maui? LAKE TAHOE!

I basically grew up in Tahoe. My family has a cabin on the west shore in Homewood. My grandpa taught me how to ski when I was 3.5 years old! I instantly became his "ski partner" and we would hit the slopes just about every weekend together.

Being a Cali Girl, I am not a fan of the cold. In San Francisco, when the temperature drops below 60, I am freezing! I can't say I love the snow. I love to snowboard, and I will build a snowman, snowcave or have a snowball fight but I doubt I could live where it snows.

However, I do think Lake Tahoe is absolutely beautiful in the winter! Especially this winter. You know all of those posts about it raining in San Francisco? Well, that means it has been snowing in Tahoe! You can imagine all of the snow then...the most I have seen in about 10 years or so!

This weekend we headed to Tahoe with a bunch of cool friends for some snowboarding and Super Bowel watching!

First stop...Chains and Beer, of course!!
**click the pictures to enlarge**

I was super excited to see snow! I took these next few from the car. I think they turned out pretty cool! It was snowing a lot once we hit the summit!



Koa, the other best dog in the world, was able to come along too. He's not sure about me taking his picture though.

We got right to the important stuff...stocking the fridge!

Koa was ready for bed. Isn't he so cute?




No comments:

Post a Comment