Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010

Why is it that when you're told you can't eat for a certain amount of time, you're always the hungriest? It doesn't matter how much you stuffed in your mouth leading up to your "fasting" start time, for some reason, somehow, an hour into it you are about to faint from lack of food.

Well, welcome to my world this morning! I had an appointment at UCSF at 7:30am and I was supposed to fast for eight hours. That's fine since I am not usually hungry when I wake up, and right after my blood draw around 8 or so I will be able to eat. Nooooo problem. Except I woke up starving as if I hadn't eaten in weeks, not hours. That made for a long morning!

I did finally get to eat around 9, which was a little later than I thought. Oh well! I made it!

It has almost been one year since I donated my good'ol left kidney to my mom! I decided to sign myself to be part of a kidney research program through UCSF. I spent more than half the day at UCSF confined to a hospital room with IV's and blood draws. Boooooring!! None of it hurt. I actually slept, read and looked around the internet for a while. The worst part was not getting to eat until 9!

Here are some boring pictures of the hospital room. I was going to take some of the IV and blood draws but I decided no one really wants to see that stuff. haha


From February
*click the pictures to enlarge*

My view for the day...

From February

I wish this was all the blood they were going to take!

From February

12 months

From February



No comments:

Post a Comment