Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year Everyone! It's the first day of my 365 project and I am anxious to get started!

Scott (my most wonderful boyfriend) and I had a lazy day bummin' around the house. We do not get the chance to do this often enough! We stayed in our PJ's all day, watched movie after movie, caught up on Rescue Me and Dexter and didn't leave the couch for hours! It was perfect, really. Around 4 in the afternoon, we decided it was time for dinner. We have been wanting to start this tradition on making Fondue on the first of the year for, well, years! Three, to be exact. After running out a few days earlier and purchasing our very first Fondue pot, our tradition was now about the start.

We decided to go with the basic three cheese fondue. And let me tell you, I was in HEAVEN!! To even know that this pot is just sitting in my closet makes me want to run to the store, buy what is needed and make fondue every night! But, no, I cannot. Then our tradition will not be "special".

So, I grabbed my camera and clicked some pictures of this special first tradition.

First off, the ingredients that made this whole delicious meal possible.
From January
**click on the pictures to enlarge**


The cheese, so nicely shredded. I have decided that Gruyere is my most favorite cheese in the world!
From January


What would fondue be without yummy bread?
From January


Time to pour the wine in...
From January


Some lemon juice...
From January


And then some grkdfjkngjknfgjndkajoiwe...I don't remember the real name of it, but it was long and hard to say!
From January


Somewhere in there Scott came over and started adding stuff without me knowing, like the flower. So, the next picture is the cheese! Which is also the final touch. *smell, yummmm*
From January


And here you have it. The most wonderful cheese fondue I have ever tasted! We tried to add a little health to it by serving it with apples and veggies. Everything was so amazing!
From January


Traditions are a great thing. We look forward to preparing this again next year and sharing a special, quiet day together to welcome the new year!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I am so glad you started a blog. Your fondue looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie! I had no idea you had started a blog... finally saw that Marvin there had posted it up on Facebook. I just spent a little time perusing back through your first month, and I LOVE IT!!

    You are such a talented and amazing photographer, and I can't wait to follow your blog this year! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete