Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

TGIF!!

This weekend is Dustin's (bro-in-law) birthday! Not just any birthday though. It is his 30th! It's this Sunday the 10th. So, to celebrate, some of us are heading to Carmel for the weekend.

I absolutely love, love, love Carmel! I think it's so beautiful, peaceful, refreshing and they have great wine, food and shopping. What more could a girl ask for? Not much, I know.

Scott and I decided to leave at 3 so we would hopefully *had our fingers crossed the whole way* miss traffic. Which we did. We left SF in a hurry so we stopped in Redwood City for gas. I kept watching the sun as it got lower and lower. One of my favorite times to take pictures is about an hour before sunset. By the time we stopped in Redwood City, the sun was so beautiful!

Then, I saw my favorite tree. An Oak tree! I grew up with Oaks all around my neighborhood. I used to climb to the top of them, hang a rope and make a pretty awesome tree swing, build tree houses and so on. In fact, during the 1998 earthquake, where was I? At the very top of a very large Oak tree, of course!

Even though we were just at the gas station, I thought the scene was beautiful with the sun and the tree.
From January
**click on the picture to enlarge**

I don't know why I like this picture so much, honestly. Maybe because the Oak is still in it? I do have a special place in my heart for them!
From January

Once we got into Carmel we met up with my sister and Dustin and went for a walk on of the Pier's. As we were walking, all I could smell was something sweet. Delicious! Even if we were surrounded by seafood restaurants and handed tasters of clam chowder ever few feet. There was still a sweet smell in the air.

Then, it all of a sudden made sense. I saw a Pepto Bismol pink building with a giant ice cream cone outside. It was a BIG candy store! While looking inside I saw these yummy looking candy apples.
From January

They are pretty fancy!
From January

We stopped and ate and drank on the pier while we waited for our other friends, Joey and Lindsey, to show up. Once we met up, we ordered some pizza, picked up some beer and headed to the most beautiful beach house I've ever seen.

This is a picture of some yummy beer we tried when Scott and I were in Minnesota.
From January

What a fun first night in Carmel!

No comments:

Post a Comment