Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010

The second day of the new year was just the opposite from the first day! We were up early and out of the house, came home, cleaned our apartment and waited for Scott's brother, Jeff, and his wife, Tarrina to show up from out of town.

Jeff is an awesome trumpet player and had a gig with the very talented musical group, Beats Antique. They were playing a sold out show at the Independent. I was so excited to check them out! Plus, I love listening to Jeff play the trumpet. He pretty much rocks the stage!

We met up with some friends before the show at Fly for some drinks.
From January
**click on the pictures to enlarge**


This bar was really dark and had strong red lighting all around. My friend Dave and I were messing with my camera trying to get a decent picture. Here's one of the lovely Kerry that turned out pretty darn good! Sorry boys and girls, she's taken by Dave!
From January


After Fly we headed to the Independent. The show was indeed sold out and people were coming from all over the west coast to try and score tickets. I doubt any of them got in, but who knows?

Here's a picture of Zoe Jakes, one of the sexy belly dancers.
From January


David Satori (right) and Tommy Cappel (left)
From January


Jeff was able to get me a pass for the upstairs. It was fun to see everyone dancing around and loving the show. It was especially great for taking pictures!
From January


Especially since this was my view from downstairs! Yeah, I'm short.
From January


There's Jeff on the far right playing the trumpet.
From January


Another of Jeff.
From January


And one more cuz I can!
From January


There was even some crown surfing going on!
From January


From January


I believe this was David Satori. I love Tommy in the background dressed as the old man though!
From January


Check out their website for great music, wonderful music and an all around good time. Beats Antique

This was a great learning experience for taking pictures as well! I have never really photographed a show before. I was expecting low light and a lot of people, which clearly there were both. It was cool to figure out what I needed to do to be able to produce pictures that turned out in this type of situation. I am looking forward to trying it again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment