Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13, 2010

On Christmas Day I was asked to bring some kind of muffins or bread that would go well with brunch. I had made banana bread a few times before, but really wanted to give something new a shot!

Google is my new best friend. I Google just about everything these days! So, being that I needed a fabulous new recipe, I jumped on Google and searched away in hopes to find that perfect recipe. I decided I wanted to use blueberries. I found recipes for muffins, breads, pancakes and...SCONES! I love scones!

Then, of course, I decided I wanted them to be "low-fat". I typed in "low-fat blueberry scones" and came up with this recipe.

1 1/2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix (Heart Healthy)
2 tbsp sugar (can you sugar substitute)
1 cup blueberries
1 egg
3 tbsp milk (I sometimes add a little more if it looks like it needs it)

1) In a large bowl, mix Bisquick Mix, sugar and blueberries. If you want to add some lemon, you can add 1 tsp lemon zest for a great flavor boost. Set aside dry mix.

2) Whisk milk and egg together

3) Pour liquids into Bisquick bowl and use a fork to mix gently together.

4) Use a spoon to portion out 8 dollops of dough onto a greased pan, flatten each scone slightly with fingers.

5) Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are browning

I swear, they are so easy to make and they are so good! They aren't too sweet at all, which I love because I am not a fan of sweet stuff, especially in the morning.

I usually double the recipe because 8 are just not enough. One thing I have noticed is that they do not save well once they are cooked. I have put them in a plastic bag before and left on the counter and had leftovers for a few days. But, I wouldn't suggest anymore than two days.

However, the mix saves perfectly so you can make a bunch, like I do when I double the recipe, cover the remaining mix and put it in the fridge and make some fresh ones each morning. They are much better served warm! Yummmmm!

Check this out...
From January
**click on the pictures to make bigger**

From January

From January

From January

From January

From January

From January

From January

From January

From January


After making scones and my grandpa's house. I was able to click a few pictures of his kitty, Frankie. He has the most gorgeous, big blue eyes!

Introducing, Frankie...
From January

From January

1 comment: