Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010

Waking up to a breathtaking view of the beach is pretty much my heaven! This morning the waves were extra big and beautiful! They were rolling in one after another, fast, crashing against the rocks and sending water exploding high into the sky. I could have sat down there all day watching them.

After breakfast, us ladies decided to walk along the beach. I strolled along happy as a clam, wishing I never had to say goodbye to this beautiful sight. Jamie and Lindsay were so nice to stop and wait for me every time I wanted to take pictures. *Special thanks to you two lovely ladies!*

We spent the morning at the beach, the afternoon wine tasting and the evening eating a delicious food prepared by Scott and Dustin.

What a perfect day!

From January
*click on the pictures to enlarge*

Little bird prints in the sand...
From January

I absolutely love collecting shells. They don't have to be big and whole either! I like the small ones with holes in them just they same. I collected a few, tried not to go overboard, to take back to the house and add to a collection that was all ready started. It was hard not to bring back the whole beach!
From January

From January

I also love the jagged rocks!
From January

From January

OBAMA!
From January

Here's Scott's tomato soup with a puff pastry on top. WOW! I have never tasted anything like this. We tried it for the first time at one of our favorite restaurants in Yontville, Bistro Jeanty. It was amazing there, but Scott topped it! Of course he did!
From January

Steak and green beans...
From January

With sauteed mushrooms and onions on top...oh, and don't forget the gorganzola butter on top of it all!
From January

A whole bunch of yumminess! I was so full, I had to go for another walk. Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to take a night walk down to the beach!

1 comment: